Dental implants are a popular option for replacing missing or damaged teeth. They are durable, long-lasting, and can give you a natural-looking smile. But what exactly are dental implants? Who is the best candidate for this dental implants Los Angeles procedure?
And what can you expect during the implantation process? In this blog post, we’ll answer all of those questions and more. Keep reading to learn everything you need to know about dental implant services.
What Are Dental Implants?
- Dental implants are artificial teeth that are surgically implanted into the jawbone.
- They are made of metal posts or frames that act as a foundation for replacement teeth.
- Once the implants are in place, your dentist will attach artificial teeth (crowns) to them.
- Dental implants are strong and stable, and they can last a lifetime with proper care.
Who Is the Best Candidate for Dental Implants?
- The best candidates for dental implants are non-smokers who have healthy gums and enough bone density in their jaw to support the implant.
- You must also be committed to taking care of your teeth and gums after the surgery.
What Happens During the Implantation Process?
The implantation process requires two surgeries: one to place the implant in your jawbone and another to attach the artificial tooth (crown) to the implant.
- The first surgery will be performed under local anesthesia while you’re awake. Your surgeon will make an incision in your gum line and place the metal post or frame in your jawbone.
- Once the implant is in place, your gum will be stitched up and allowed to heal. This full mouth dental implants Los Angeles process can take several months.
- Once your jaw has healed, you’ll return to the dentist’s office for a second surgery. During this surgery, your dentist will make another incision in your gum line and attach the artificial tooth (crown) to the metal post or frame that was placed during the first surgery. The crown is usually made of porcelain because it looks like natural tooth enamel.
- After both surgeries have been completed, it can take up to six months for your new teeth to fully fuse with your jawbone before they’re ready to use.
Are There Any Tips I Should Follow After My Surgery?
Yes! Here are a few things you should do after getting dental implants:
- Take it easy for at least 24 hours after each surgery
- Eat soft foods for a few days after each surgery
- Brush and floss your teeth regularly
- Attend all follow-up appointments with your dentist
Facts that you need to know about dental implantation
1. Dental implants are a permanent solution to tooth loss.
2.Titanium, a biocompatible metal that merges with your jawbone, is the material used in dental implants.
3. The success rate of dental implants is over 95%.
4. Dental implants can last a lifetime with proper care.
5. Dental implants can be used to support a single tooth, multiple teeth, or a full set of dentures.
6. Dental implants are more expensive than other tooth replacement options, but they offer superior durability and aesthetics.
7. The cost of dental implants varies depending on the number of implants needed and the complexity of the procedure.
8. Most dental insurance plans do not cover the cost of dental implants near me services.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your dental implants last for many years to come! Remember, your dentist will be able to determine if dental implants are right for you during a consultation.